Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mini Home Transformations

Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference! We changed out our ceiling fan in our bedroom and i can't believe the complete different feel it had provided! Our room is so much cozier and serene for a good nights sleep just by changing the ceiling fan. We traded in the white with gold accents (very 1980/90's) with a dark wood to match our furniture with rubbed bronze accents. Much more modern, I love it!

Before: White with Gold--Yuck!

After: Dark and Cozy


Did I mention the light has a dimming function PLUS a remote control? NO more turning bright lights on in the morning to get ready and waking up the non suspecting sleeper--or having to get out of bed to turn the fan on or off! It's so awesome!


Our next mini project is to paint the 1/2 bath. I originally loves this room and the color but the light sea-teal color no longer fits with the color scheme of the rest of the house. We chose a warm light grey color to really make the white of the wainscoting pop and make this room fit in with the warmer more neutral colors of the house. I also want to replace the mirror we had hanging with a white medicine cabinet to create a bit of storage in the small room. Here is a picture of the main wall with the current color..there is a test strip of the grey we chose by the window. I can't wait to finish it!



Baylie took the opportunity to check herself out in the mirror I took down from the bathroom to prep for the painting...she's dressed all pretty for halloween!

1 comment: