
Sunshine!! Woo hoo!! Right? Hell yes right! I love it and most of the time I can't get enough of it. That is why every year i make a visit to my dermatologist for my "skin check." This year we decided to have a mole removed from between my toe. Ick! Yeah well it's a pretty popular spot for skin cancer to develop so we decided to have it removed. This begins my relationship with my new plastic surgeon :) I took advantage of this opportunity and my insurances to have three other moles removed as well--because Dr. Cullen said he'd make the scars as pretty as he could. Long story short and a week and a half later...stitches have been removed, there is no more pain--for those of you who know how painful my foot has been--and my biopsies all came back normal!! Yippee!! BUT, this is the first year (me turning 30 and all) I have promised to take better care of my skin. This includes spf 15-50 on my face every day. That's right, EVERY DAY. 50 when it's sunny and 15 when it's cloudy. I have spent some time this year (since I am now 30) trying to reverse some sun damage having IPL (Intense Pulse Light) facials done--which have worked very well. I don't want my new beautiful sunspot free skin to go back to how it was do I? NO! I also have to put sunscreen on my scars (from the recent mole removal) this summer to prevent them from turning dark. So am much as I am longing for gardening in my (maybe) new garden and basking in the warmth on the edge of the dock at the cottage, I will be doing so with a little bit of protection. I even got a new Australian Gold spf4 I can't wait to use on my body. There will be no burning here baby! 30 is the new 20 and i'll be darned if I'm gonna really look 30--that is until I'm 40 :)







Amen Sister. We don't want to look 50 when we are 35. sunscreen Sunscreen SUNSCREEN!
ReplyDelete