Friday, September 11, 2009

Kitchen Video Update

So, my kitchen is still "just coming along." I keep changing my mind on things--but now it's all final except whether or not I want heated pads under the flooring once installed. But, I took a video to show the layout a little better.



Starting on the wall where the fridge used to be, there are new cabinets above and below. These upper cabinets will have glass doors. Then past my 1/2 painted pocked door--the area where the fridge is going will be moved over to the right to make way for a new 21 inch cabinet below with a counter top and then another cabinet above. See, where it is would be fine except the main light switch to the kitchen would have been between the fridge and the wall and not be easily accessed. Also, I still felt that we weren't using all the capable space my small kitchen had to offer. So, everything is built and the cabinets and doors are in the process of being primed, then painted White (Sherwin Williams: Snowbound) by Steve's brother in law Dan. (BTW thanks Dan--you are incredible if I haven't mentioned it before!!)
Pic of some of the unfinished doors--(Flat Panel or as Ikea calls them Shaker style)



Once they are finished being painted I can start unpacking (finally) all my boxes for my kitchen while we have countertops installed and my new Microwave put in along with my dishwasher that has found it's home (still full of clean dishes) on my back porch for the past 3 months. We then have to make a final decision what we want to do with the flooring and have it done by October 3rd, which is when my new stove is being delivered and installed. We still need to have the trim finished and a few final touches on the lighting and electrical but other then that we are in the home stretch! I know what colors i want to paint the walls above/behind the cabinets to give the room a bit of color and what tile I want to do, but i'm not worried about that until much later. I plan on taking tile DIY classes with Steve this fall at The Tile Shop on 28th street. Good bonding time (pun intended!) All in all i am getting a little impatient and I just want it done because I can't wait to have some normalcy in my home with an actual kitchen! I've been living here 4 months already!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when are you going to update your pix and show all the white.

    ReplyDelete