Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Prepare for a Plaster Bomb!


It's totally like me to have several ongoing projects in my house at once :) My kitchen is still poking along like the speed of a snail so I decided to start a little project I could actually control. Today my Dad, Steve and I scraped the plaster texturized sky blue--doesn't go with a darn thing in my whole house--paint stuff off my 2nd bedrooms walls. Once upon a time ago it looks like under the sky blue paint was also royal blue and a violet mauve. Personally I think it looks 100 times better now even though the walls still need some TLC. We are going to have to even them out with some drywall mud and sand it before we prime it for painting.

ROOM BEFORE... (before everything was finally put away in it's proper place)

AFTER.... (an empty room soon to be ready for real furniture!)

NOW, we just have to decide on a paint color.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like our house! Our upcoming projects are...new shutters, painting the front door, new roof, and remodel the upstairs! I can't wait to come over to your house once the kitchen is done and the bedroom. It is going to make a WORLD of difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach you should have taken a pic before you cleaned the scrappings off from the floor.dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I should just go take a picture of the trash bag on my curb full of the paint and plaster that the city refuses to pick up because it's too heavy...

    ReplyDelete