So I answered my calling to The Baypointe Inn and booked our wedding date today!!!! After discussing possible weekends for next summer we decided against our original plan for a friday night wedding and totally changed our minds and booked a Sunday! YES, SUNDAY, and it's a HOLIDAY WEEKEND! LOL!! Now, you may ask who in their right mind does a Sunday wedding, and even worse, a holiday weekend....well let me explain our motives. First of all, we chose July 3rd, 2010! Yup, 4th of JUly weekend. Because it's the 3rd, no one works the 4th anyway---so it's just like a saturday. 
Also, this date, well actually weekend is special to Steve and I because it was this weekend (will be 5 years ago next summer) that Steve initially asked Aunt Patty if he could marry her niece (ME!) because i was sooooo adorable!! (Sweet Game Steve! lol) But anyways, little did either of us plan at that time that we would eventually fall in love with eachoth and get married. We joked that whole 4th of July weekend that we were going to get married on the dock and sail off into the sunset on the WT Pontoon. We watched our first firework show together---but not alone on the end of the dock, Uncle Chuck was our chaperone ;) SO
fast forward 4 years to right now and can you now see the importance of our chosen weekend?? It's where it all started!!! So, when we visited Baypointe and the layout on the water was just too perfect to pass up. We will get married on the edge of the shore with our closest friends and family attending---followed by an outdoor reception under their gorgeous new pavilion.
They have a fire-pit and tike torches that are lit every night at 8pm. So here is what we have planned.... Great food, great drinks, great people, and lots dancing followed up by Gun Lake's independence day firework celebration at dusk. Somewhere in their Steve and I will get our pontoon ride as a married couple because the resort rents pontoons out for wedding parties all the time!! Let's just hope I don't lose another pair of Ralph Lauren's in the lake this time!I found these Venue Reviews and they make me even more excited! I've heard nothing but great things about BayPointe!!!







Looks like a beautiful place for a beautiful wedding! Have fun with the rest of your planning!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Westies really are such cute dogs :)
Rach & Steve, this place looks really cool I CAN'T WAIT !!! dad
ReplyDelete