Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy One Year Engagement Anniversary!

Or in other words, Happy Birthday to my Steve!! One year ago today, in a snowy parking lot in E. Lansing, I said yes when my best friend got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! Well actually I said yes after i realized what was going on and after Steve had to point out my ring that was tied to Baylie's collar with a purple ribbon. :) It was such a surreal moment! We celebrated over a few beers and a Thai Pie from Old Chicago, since that is where we were meeting for a birthday dinner. So it was only expected that tonight for dinner we ordered a Thai Pie, only this time it was from our local Old Chicago. I joking said to him earlier tonight that "geez honey, last year i got a diamond, what do i get this year?" His response...."Sunshine." (I giggled because) It was a gorgeous day today with the sun fully shining so he couldn't have been more silly or more perfect with his gift.--thanks babe!! So, being one year engaged, 4 1/2 years together and in less than 5 months we will be married and still all it takes is a sunny day on my fiance's birthday to make me smile. Steve you are my Sunshine, Happy Birthday to you :)

3 comments: