Bringing Home the Birkin: My Life in Hot Pursuit of the World's Most Coveted Handbag by Michael TonelloMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
Wow, I literally could not put this book down! Taking me only 7days to read (after I received it for xmas last year,) I finally got a chance to pick up this book and experience MIchael's travels around Europe, South America, Asia, etc in pursuit of finding the Hermes Birkin(s). Yes, that's correct it's plural! (Hermes is a luxurious French designer of scarfes, and handbags to name a few items.) I felt like I was right there with him in his travels, at the boutiques, even at the divine restaurants he dined while on his travels. Michael began an Ebay business after moving to Barcelona just to rid himself of some cluttering winter clothes that he would no longer need. Little did he know it would lead to spending millions of dollars a year on Hermes merchandise and reselling it for a nice little profit in a time when Hermes merchandise was only available thru it's boutiques--there was no Hermes website. This book ranks right up there with another favorite of mine "The Devil Wears Prada"--both sinfully awesome!
View all my reviews >>







You hear that, Steve? She says she's just kidding but she's serious, she wants one of these. Probably more than anything else in the world.
ReplyDeleteBen