Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Itch to Knit Again!

I received the cutest knitting book for Christmas called Itty Bitty Hats and you guessed it, it's all baby hats! Perfect gifts for all those girlfriends of mine having babies! First one I just finished is for Baby Carson Scott. Due any day now! Mommy Sarah said last week that he still needed a hat to wear home from the hospital so I offered to "whip" one up! :) I chose a very soft baby blue worsted weight acrylic and nylon yarn and used just the "easy simple cap 2" pattern in the book only I added an I-cord loop at the top. It turned out so just how I wanted it to be...soft, tiny, and adorable!!

Of course Baylie had to be in this picture but it shows just how tiny the newborn size hat is! Now i'm just waiting to meet little Carson--so Mommy Sarah HAVE THAT BABY!!

3 comments:

  1. Ang is going to teach me how to knit in Hawaii... I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somebody needs a hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't wanted to knit a hat since the one I knitted for Charlotte was so messed up! (the pattern was definitely wrong and not that great of a guide). Maybe your book will inspire me.

    ReplyDelete