Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Say Hello to My New KINDLE!!!



Thank you Steve for giving me the coolest Birthday Gift ever!! Many of you know--I love to read! So when a few months ago another girl at the chiropractors office was showing off her Kindle to the ladies that work there, I asked to sneak a peak. I immediately wanted one. Amazon's Kindle is basically a slim 10.2oz hand held computerized version of a book. Did you know most paperbacks weight more than that? When i saw the screen I was astonished--it somehow looked exactly like the pages in a book--no glare, no shine, I still don't get it, but's it awesome! Apparently it works the same in direct sunshine too, i can't wait for this summers Beach reads! Yeah, that's the best part, I am able to download any book i want, whenever i want for typically just $9.99 and even preview the first chapters for free! So it's cheaper than a book and also cutting back the overflowing inventory of paperbacks on my shelves. I can carry it anywhere, anyplace and read without the bulk of a book or worrying about bending it's binding or pages. There is also a built in dictionary so no more just skipping over words I don't know. Expect my vocabulary to expand! hah!


Here are some specs I borrowed off www.amazon.com about the Kindle.
Slim: Just over 1/3 of an inch, as thin as most magazines
Lightweight: At 10.2 ounces, lighter than a typical paperback
Wireless: 3G wireless lets you download books right from your Kindle, anytime, anywhere; no monthly fees, service plans, or hunting for Wi-Fi hotspots
Books in Under 60 Seconds: Get books delivered in less than 60 seconds; no PC required
Paper-Like Display: Reads like real paper with no glare, even in bright sunlight
Long Battery Life: 25% longer battery life; read for days without recharging
Carry Your Library: Holds over 1,500 books
Read-to-Me: With the new text-to-speech feature, Kindle can read every newspaper, magazine, blog, and book out loud to you, unless the book's rights holder made the feature unavailable
Free Book Samples: Download and read first chapters for free before you decide to buy.
Large Selection: Over 350,000 books, newspapers, magazines, and blogs available
Low Book Prices: New York Times Best Sellers and New Releases $9.99, unless marked otherwise

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That is sweet. You will have to let us know how you like it after a while! I love the fact that it has a built in dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kindle is AWESOME! While in labor for Matthew, I was watching Oprah (true story) when they FIRST came out with them. I ordered one from the delivery room for my Dad for Christmas. They sold out the next day! I could have sold it on e-bay for $700, but the chance to give my techie Dad something he would love was too awesome to pass up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW what an awesome gift! does it show pics so Baylie can enjoy a good book too ? haha dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! But I hope that money didn't come out of the engagement ring budget ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH TRUST ME.... Me TOO!! I'd trade the Kindle and the Diamond necklace i got from him for xmas for am engagement ring any day....even though I love them both :) Steve apparently has it all planned out....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Kindle! Can't wait to experience it at the cottage soon!

    I had lunch at Thousand Oaks yesterday with a friend. What a beautiful spot for a wedding/reception! I'll be a good auntie and help you out with whatever you need when the time it right! MUAH!!!

    ReplyDelete