For many today is a day to resolve to do things better, lose some weight, be healthy, quit smoking, drink more water, etc. This year in addition to losing the 8 pounds I've gained since halloween, my resolution is to stop spending so much money. Lately I've gone a little crazy and pretty much spent all my savings. In 2009 despite being in a recession, I've definitely done my part to help stimulate this economy. I've bought a house, put my entire government stimulus check into home improvements, and some how managed to also spend my years worth of salary in the meantime. It really is an eye opener when you get that last pay stub of the year and you look at what you've made and can't figure out why you have no more money in the bank to show for it. But that will all change. Now see, one thing I can say I am proud of is that I have no credit debt. The only debt i have is my mortgage and the remainder of my school loans--which I hope to pay off by the end of 2010 (only 7K to go!) Steve even purchased a book last week for me in anticipation of this resolution called Bitches on a Budget! That is exactly where I am now for the first time in my life--ON A BUDGET. I also plan on reading Dave Ramsey's-Total Money Makeover. I've heard this book is amazing from anyone who has read it. It will only help both Steve and I because I know he too is trying to save his money for a special gift for a special someone as well as paying off his debt he has accumulated over the past couple years. Wish us luck--We need it! :)
Friday, January 1, 2010
New Years Resolutions
For many today is a day to resolve to do things better, lose some weight, be healthy, quit smoking, drink more water, etc. This year in addition to losing the 8 pounds I've gained since halloween, my resolution is to stop spending so much money. Lately I've gone a little crazy and pretty much spent all my savings. In 2009 despite being in a recession, I've definitely done my part to help stimulate this economy. I've bought a house, put my entire government stimulus check into home improvements, and some how managed to also spend my years worth of salary in the meantime. It really is an eye opener when you get that last pay stub of the year and you look at what you've made and can't figure out why you have no more money in the bank to show for it. But that will all change. Now see, one thing I can say I am proud of is that I have no credit debt. The only debt i have is my mortgage and the remainder of my school loans--which I hope to pay off by the end of 2010 (only 7K to go!) Steve even purchased a book last week for me in anticipation of this resolution called Bitches on a Budget! That is exactly where I am now for the first time in my life--ON A BUDGET. I also plan on reading Dave Ramsey's-Total Money Makeover. I've heard this book is amazing from anyone who has read it. It will only help both Steve and I because I know he too is trying to save his money for a special gift for a special someone as well as paying off his debt he has accumulated over the past couple years. Wish us luck--We need it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Way to go Rachael!!! I just paid off my credit card debt in December... I believe it was a good 8 grand and I managed (with David's nagging) to pay it all off in 2009. I need to check out this book you speak of, sounds good. Since you are borrowing our Total money makeover, maybe I can borrow your Bitch on a budget!?!?!
ReplyDelete