Flowerland has 40% off all hanging baskets right now so I took the sale opportunity to finally get a hanging basket for my shepherds hook. Most hanging baskets right now look a little worn but this one was the most beautiful one they had! I love it and with the sale plus a coupon I walked out with my new flowerd for less than 15 bucks! Hopefully the red will help attract the hummingbird more often that I've seen eating from my feeder. Also with a little adjusting of the shepherds hook that front corner of my house isn't so bare as it seemed before without the tulips. You can't see it very well but if you look closely in the bottom left corner under the feeder--just to the right of my hostas--you can see my hibiscus that i planted last fall. It is also coming up quite nicely as well, this year it has two stems instead of just one. Hummingbirds also are attracted to Hibiscus flowers. I'm going to focus on this little area in my front yard as my hummingbird garden :)
Monday, June 21, 2010
Heeerrree little Hummy Hummingbirdies ;)
Flowerland has 40% off all hanging baskets right now so I took the sale opportunity to finally get a hanging basket for my shepherds hook. Most hanging baskets right now look a little worn but this one was the most beautiful one they had! I love it and with the sale plus a coupon I walked out with my new flowerd for less than 15 bucks! Hopefully the red will help attract the hummingbird more often that I've seen eating from my feeder. Also with a little adjusting of the shepherds hook that front corner of my house isn't so bare as it seemed before without the tulips. You can't see it very well but if you look closely in the bottom left corner under the feeder--just to the right of my hostas--you can see my hibiscus that i planted last fall. It is also coming up quite nicely as well, this year it has two stems instead of just one. Hummingbirds also are attracted to Hibiscus flowers. I'm going to focus on this little area in my front yard as my hummingbird garden :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Some ornamental grasses would look nice there :)
ReplyDelete