
Summertime is a great time to sit on my porch and relax with a good book and glass of wine ;) I've also started my summer reading--which I have been keeping you updated on.
Steve got a job in Grand Rapids, finally after his 2 year weekday hiatus in Novi. So far after 2 weeks, he loves it and I love him finally being home. For the first time in almost 4 years we can actually have a normal relationship 7 days a week instead of condensing 7 days into 3..sometimes 2 if even at all. Baylie sure loves her daddy home too! Is he home yet?? Lol watching out the window :)

We've been able to do normal thing on the weekends instead of project after project on our house. We did finally finish the kitchen and I love it!

Complete with floors and new windows! (IT'S ABOUT TIME--I KNOW!!) and Yes, I decided to take advantage of the government giving out a free tax credit and installed 13 new ones through my house! No more breaking fingernails trying to get the old wood rotting suckers open and closed.
Last weekend we ventured out to Grand Haven and took Baylie to the beach for the first time ever! You can see the complete joy in her face and she runs thru the sand!
Wedding planning will now be easier and we can finally go see a few reception places together and finally get a date set into stone...since I know many of you have wanted to know "THE DATE" :) Here is a glimpse of my favorite site so far though...click on the link to see what i mean :)
The Goei Center

This place has style, character and a garden like atmosphere (since Eastern Floral is headquartered here!) The space is beautiful but we still have a few other places to check out.
Speaking of gardens, I have a full fledged raised garden flourishing m own backyard! Complete with delicious (yes i've been eating them) juicy red strawberries, heirloom tomatoes, baby cucumbers, zucchini, sweet bell peppers, green beans, snap sugar peas, yellow banana peppers and some ornamental cabbage as well as a few marigolds for extra protection from the bunnies. Here are two berries I enjoyed the other day and a picture of my garden that I am so proud of!
Here are two pictures of my garden...the first one being right after i planted it on May 23rd.
And-- today. See the two baby bunnies? I just got up to take it to post on my blog and there they were! My grass in my yard must be sweetgrass :)

Also back on May 8th Baylie and I took part in of first 5/3 riverbank 5K. Sponsored by Michelob Ultra, we are able to take advantage of free entry into the race. The 5K walk allowed doggies so Baylie got a great walk in that morning! Here is pic of Baylie in her Mich Ultra Tshirt custom made for the event. We wore mich ultra running shirts and track outfits.

So far our summer is gearing up to be busy and full of activities. A wedding in northern Michigan, camping, a trip to Mackinac Island, wedding planning, as well as tons of other fun things to do! Stay tuned and Happy Summer!!!







Wow Rachael! I am impressed by the kitchen AND your garden :) You will have to give me the play-by-play on how you planted!
ReplyDeleteWow! Your kitchen looks a lot like the kitchen in a house that I've seen on a great blog I follow. Check it out:
ReplyDeletehttp://images.younghouselove.com.s3.amazonaws.com/HouseTour/final-kitchen-after.jpg
Also, that picture of Baylie just warms my heart. :)
Jess, My next countertops will be granite like that kitchen :) Yes, my NEXT :) Already planing changes....in like 10 years!!
ReplyDeleteI know how that goes- I've got things planned too, but no house to actually visualize them in!
ReplyDelete