Monday, June 7, 2010

The Other End of the Leash The Other End of the Leash by Patricia B. McConnell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars 
This book was amazing! As precious as my little doggie is, many of you know some of the behavior issues that we have with her. Dog-Dog fear aggression with new dogs, attacking the TV when animals are on, as well as the anxious pacing and barking at Thunder--she just can't seem to find where it is coming from! The more animal behavior books that I read, the more I am learning how to effectively communicate with Baylie. From working with a trainer locally, we know that Baylie has a very sweet personality and she really just wants to please us. But when the Terrier in her, along with her fear in a few things...well it's a recipe for nipping, snapping and an all out Westie-tude. This book is just one of several that i plan on reading to learn more about why she is the way she is and what I can do to help correct these issues. I suggest any dog owner, issues or not read this book!  
View all my reviews >>




1 comment:

  1. I'll have to check it out... our dogs have a whole host of issues- they're terrier mixes, too. Jasper barks at bigger dogs and children. Lola has learned to do the same. I've tried some of Cesar Milan's techniques and they've calmed down a little, but I know I still have a lot I could work on with them. Good recommendation.

    ReplyDelete