Sunday, July 11, 2010

Call me Miss Book Worm!

The SummerhouseThe Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my first Jude Deveraux novel. I was a little hesitant because I'm not normally into romance novels--which Deveraux is known for. But The Summerhouse is not a traditional romance novel. This actually was a charming and relaxing read-- looking into the insights of three young promising women that meet on their shared 21st birthday. Not keeping in touch with each other, their unique bond was not forgotten so they reunite for their 40th birthdays. This is a story of how when they see each other again they all know their lives did not fulfill the promises each had seen 20 years earlier. Through meeting a time traveling/psychic/ fortune teller they are given the ability to travel back in time for three weeks and change the ways their lives turned out. While this part was a little farfetched than when i am used to reading, I loved the three characters and their stories of their lives and their journeys back in time to possible change their own destiny.

View all my reviews >>

1 comment:

  1. Jude Devereaux is GREAT! I used to read her novels all the time. Pass that one on to me once I get all my sewing/knitting projects completed!

    ReplyDelete