Baylie
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Demolition Mess
Oh WOW! What have we gotten ourselves into?? Even what I originally thought would take a weekend is going to take more. Partly because we decided not to start friday night--and we got a really late start on saturday--thanks to finally going out to see my brother Dj at EVE late Friday night. The plan was to tear out the ceramic flooring and remove the tile, bulk heads, cabinets, and paneling.
We ran into only minor problems and had only one (well two) slight injuries--the electricity was cut to my lights and Steve cut his finger--twice. But no big deal. As of tonight, we still have one bulkhead to remove, we haven't gotten to the paneling, and we decided to leave the sink and dishwasher in place because it's going to be about 3-4 weeks before we will even begin installing the cabinets and I'm not sure when the dry-waller is coming out. Once we began removing the tile, he cement board was coming out with is so Steve G (my builder of my new kitchen) advised us to rip it all out down to the studs. So we got most of the one wall, but i think we are going to leave the other walls for him to deal with.
So, in about a day and a half, we got the flooring ripped out down to the sub-flooring, all of the cabinets removed (minus the small area above the dishwasher and the sink, the majority of the bulkheads--just one small part about where my fridge was is left. We also still have a small amount of tile yet to chip away at and we need to remove the paneling on the old exterior wall. We will probably get that done next weekend during the mornings when i don't have to work. (yeah I have to work all weekend-bummer i know!) Here is a pic above the sink where the bulkhead used to hold in my light above my sink. There also used to be cabinets on either side of the navajo-nasty tile.

Baylie
patiently stayed out of the kitchen for the most part today. Here is a picture after we got everything cleaned up of her looking around and wondering what the H we did to the kitchen?! I think she likes it so far though because I never once saw her lay on the teal tile floor. Even she knows nastiness--the grout looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 50 years. The rug you see here was a rug left by the previous homeowners that has been put away in my garage. Good think I didn't throw it out yet because it works perfect to cover the sub-floor while we get everything else done because the new flooring will be the last thing that we install.
Baylie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Maybe Steve should have been wearing the designer gloves like I had hahaha
ReplyDeleteI hate to say it, but I think it's worse than J&J's bathroom demo - particularly since there's just MORE stuff ripped! I can't even recognize the room! Lots of take-out or Yummy Mimimeals sounds like a plan to me. How's your patience meter reading? Of course it will be beautiful when it's all done. What's Steve G's deadline?
ReplyDeleteHa ha! I just caught the wine bottles on the counter!
ReplyDeleteDad, don't make fun of my pink gloves. they worked! I would like them cleaned up though before you return them to me.
ReplyDeleteI don't know who is going to be more happy when all is done You, Steve, Bailey or me. haha
ReplyDeletecan't breath cough caugh, Dad