Monday, July 20, 2009

The real "before" photo~

I just came across this picture today, i forgot i had it. This was a picture of the kitchen from the listing when the home was actually occupied, 9 months before I bought it. Everything is mismatched, the shelf that the microwave is on hung over the back burners of the stove (fire hazard??) and you can't tell by the picture but, everything was pretty filthy. I might have been able to have lived with it the way is was for awhile, but the cupboards smelled gross so I just said, that's it it all has to go! So the remodel started sooner than later.


How could a house be so perfect and cute and the kitchen be so off in white trash land? I can't wait for mine to be done within the next 4 weeks!! Just think my house (first floor) will pretty much done by labor day! After the kitchen it's just a quick hardwood floor refinish. So much for enjoying my summer. This fall we plan on painting the basement and doing something with the 2nd bedroom. We might just re-drywall the walls since they are textured. I keep thinking what a pain in the *ss it would be just to paint over the sky blue and all the weaveies and wavies of the texture. (Yup, i made both those words up!) At some point we will be replacing my godforsaken wood windows that have claimed several fingernails trying to open them and almost fingers from them slamming down. (I HATE THEM!) 10 windows, piece of cake and I'll never have to worry about pledging those suckers to get them to move up and down!!

But, this winter I plan on doing nothing but sitting by my fireplace every weekend, cozied up with Steve and Baylie and a good book or glass of wine! Sometimes I catch myself thinking ahead to Christmas already and how I will decorate :)

Next summer I'll figure out my backyard....

1 comment:

  1. And making that snowman in the back yard and snowwoman in the front yard :) Cozy Cozy Cozy

    ReplyDelete