Tuesday, February 9, 2010



I came across this great article on dogster.com

Reading Canine Stress Signals

I wish it were this easy for us two leggers...to de-stress or avoid conflict with others. Dogs lives are so simple, it's us humans who complicate things! Observing Baylie, i see her display these signals all the time--especially when meeting other dogs. We humans don't really know "dog" language that is why i find it fascinating when i can find new ways in which to communicate with my Pooch!

2 comments:

  1. What an article, I was taking Baylie for a walk when we came upon the neighbors walking their 3-cockerspaniels, they were heading directly towards us, as they got within 30 feet Baylie suddenly layed down until they approached, at the time I thought the behavier was odd but now after reading this article I understand. Dad she is so smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm about to start reading another behavior type book about dogs, i really need to get to the bottom of some issues we are having with her....

    ReplyDelete