Monday, February 1, 2010

Wake Up, Wake Up, Wake Up, it's the First of the Month

Whoa, did January fly by! Amid the Holiday hangover--I turned another year older on the 26th, we've had our Baylie another full year (2--We brought her home Jan 18th, 2008), and I'm one step away from finishing my kitchen! Yea! That's right it's finished except for picking and installing the flooring so I can move my fridge back in from the temporary home it's made in my dining room for the past 7 months. We painted the trim the same color as the cabinets (SW: Snowbound) and the accent walls a warmer neutral color (SW:Kacki Shade). Going for neutrals I can have fun with bright accessories to liven things up while still keeping a modern look for years to come. Crate and Barrel and CB2 have a few of my favorite things!

Also if you haven't noticed my birthday gift to myself, I bought a brand new Stainless dishwasher from the same line that my stove and microwave are from--Frigidaire Gallery But, since I put myself on a no-spending budget for my New Years Resolution, I had to get creative! So on a whim, 2 weeks ago I decided to list my dishwasher on craigslist and it sold within 12 hours for my asking price. But I still didn't have enough for the new one i wanted so I looked around for other things to sell. By Golly, I had an extra washer and dryer!! Those also sold within 24 hours! You ask who has extra laundry machines on hand?? Well, my house came with an older 1970's or 80's washer and dryer when I bought it--that worked great--but then i was given updated machines from a family friend! Perfect except the dryer needed a little fixin. The fact is they were newer and more energy efficient. The cost to fix the dryer ended up still leaving me ahead of debt! So now, I have a newer washer and dryer, AND I had enough money for a new dishwasher--without really spending any extra money. So you see why, I just HAD to HAVE the matching one!!

1 comment:

  1. OK, my first comment didn't go, so here goes again! Can you come over and help me sell some of our STUFF?! I have an exercise bar/tapes from fluidity.com that will never again be used since we have an AWESOME eliptical and I still work out at Fit Zone. We have bicycles galore and even an old water softener that we'll never again be used as it makes our drinking water salty.

    The house looks wonderful! LOVE EVERYTHING!!

    ReplyDelete