For Valentine's Day this year Steve bought me my first Orchid. I say first because I hear that they are addicting...and mine is absolutely beautiful! But, little did I know there are tons of different types and breeds. They are also extremely sensitive plants. So, i Searched "Orchid Care" on the internet-- i couldn't believe all the beautiful flowers I came across. Also, since my orchid was not labeled as to what type it is, I had to search that too. Thankfully It was easy to find because it's only one stem and the roundness of the leaves set it apart from some of the others. I finally settled on the Phalaenopsis as my orchid. By clicking on the link you will learn how to care for this pretty little flower ;) Come to find out mine is a great Orchid for a beginner!! (Yea! Nice Job Steve!) Now wish me luck on my Orchid Adventure :)
Monday, February 22, 2010
A little 'bout an Orchid
For Valentine's Day this year Steve bought me my first Orchid. I say first because I hear that they are addicting...and mine is absolutely beautiful! But, little did I know there are tons of different types and breeds. They are also extremely sensitive plants. So, i Searched "Orchid Care" on the internet-- i couldn't believe all the beautiful flowers I came across. Also, since my orchid was not labeled as to what type it is, I had to search that too. Thankfully It was easy to find because it's only one stem and the roundness of the leaves set it apart from some of the others. I finally settled on the Phalaenopsis as my orchid. By clicking on the link you will learn how to care for this pretty little flower ;) Come to find out mine is a great Orchid for a beginner!! (Yea! Nice Job Steve!) Now wish me luck on my Orchid Adventure :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I L-O-V-E orchids ;) They are one of my favorite flowers. I am sure you don't remember...but I had orchids as my bouqet for our wedding!
ReplyDeleteI asked the plant doc here at work, we have orchids also, she said lots of water and direst sunlight , they are Beautiful flowers
ReplyDelete