
Project for the weekend is painting my pocket door. I never knew how much i would love these doors! Kinda old school but I think they are so cool! Speaking of cool, Even though the temp is going to be well over 90 today I am still not turning on my central air. Most of you know I'm not a huge a/c fan anyways because I love the hot weather--except at night, it is very nice to sleep in a cooled off bedroom. That's why I figured it was a good time to dust off my old window unit a/c (from back in the days of my studio apt on the 4th floor in chicago--thanks mom and dad for storing it in your basement the past 6 years) and install it in my bedroom. I have a pocket door that actually closes of my "bedroom wing" of my house so my 2 bedrooms and master bathroom are nice and cool. It's been like heaven! It's going to be a heck of a lot cheaper to run a small window unit then to cool off my whole house. Plus during the evening when my house gets to be about 85, Baylie has her pool in the shade to cool off. During the day i have a lot of shade on my house so it's not that hot anyways. My basement is downright cold--so i leave the door open for Poochie if she wants to go down there. So far it's working perfectly as planned!
No comments:
Post a Comment