Sunday, May 17, 2009

Exhausted!

It's sunday night and I'm exhausted after working on the house all weekend. I have no pictures to post because my camera is at the house. But here is an update of our work... Mimi and I spent yesterday scraping nasty wallpaper off the kitchen walls (check). The outside is looking fabulously taken care of again from a good lawn mowing yesterday (check)--it was such a jungle my dad had to go over it twice! My new exterior shutters, porch lights, and mailbox are up (check). The house has a much nicer curb appeal now and the neighbors know the house isn't vacant anymore! (Which I've now met 4 of them, they are all so nice!) My hot pink knee-pads from my gardeners kit work AWESOME (picture to follow soon) for the de-Weeding of all the front yard landscaping that I did today (check). The garage door is now secured and closes (check). We've got paint swatches up on walls and are beginning to tape off to paint. Next weekend we will spend the majority of the time getting the 3-seasons porch, living room, and kitchen painted. Then I can do a complete house scrub down and get carpets cleaned before moving in all my furniture in the following weekend. SO I am off to bed early--gearing up for a really busy work week. I can't wait for the weekend again. I love seeing my house slowly turn into my home.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it so exciting to see it all come together!!! I can't wait to see it. David and I will have to stop by next weekend and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Chet and I are gearing up to get to work on our house....yikes! So much to do, so little time =)

    ReplyDelete