Monday, April 20, 2009

April Showers Bring May Flowers


Saturday afternoon my dad the "Master Gardner" and I went to a really cool seminar at Flowerland on Alpine. It was about an hour long and all about Container Flowering. I learned how to plant flower combinations!! I learned you need a THRILLER, a FILLER and a SPILLER :) Well, that's just the rule of thumb, you could have just Thrillers and Fillers ;) I really enjoyed the seminar and it's got me even more in a spring time mood! I can't wait till I can fill all my empty containers soon with some beautiful flowers. Click here for awesome ideas for your own containers!



Saturday afternoon we also spent some time outdoors while it was so nice out. This is a pic of Baylie after I caught her digging in the flowers that are starting to pop up...see that dirt on her chin and the hole behind her?! She needs to learn that digging at pretty flowers is a NO NO!

2 comments:

  1. Let me know if you figure out a way to keep her from digging. All I read was that the best thing to do is give dogs an okay area to dig, not to stop it all together. But that didn't work for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think when u start planting at the new house what a BIG help she will be, diggin those holes for u so u wont ever need a shovel !! MI MI

    ReplyDelete