and were pampered by the big oversized massage chairs! I loved having girl time with Julie -- I don't get enough "just girls" time anymore because most of my girl friends all live far away...so I was excited when she called me to see if i wanted to go get our nails done when she got out of work. Here is a pic of my frenchie nails (my name for them)!!After a short cat nap when we got home we ventured to IKEA just down the road. NOw let me just tell you about Steve's first experience at IKEA. It was a saturday afternoon last fall and it was a zoo. Steve was horrified and could not get out fast enough. Even I was a little frustrated by the amounts of people. But when we went this saturday it was a little later in the evening and it was perfect! There was a steady flow of people and not crowded and we got a TON of decorating ideas for our new house.
I think we've decided on what we want to do with our kitchen, plus I found a new bedroom set! Here I am checking out prices for the bed I want :) I eventually would like the entire bedroom set but first and foremost I need a new chest of drawers and a new dresser. My current dresser will be making it's 6th move and isn't holding up so perfectly anymore. Plus it matches the bedroom set that will be in our guest room. So dressers first, then eventually the Bed, bed side tables and matching storage bench for the end of the bed. Maybe Christmas? :)Speaking of holidays, yesterday was Easter. In celebration, Steve and I spent a pretty quiet afternoon together. After sleeping in well past noon, I sat outside in the sunshine with Baylie and read my book while Steve watched the Tigers game in TV. Later we went for a walk with Baylie and just had an easy dinner of leftover grilled turkey burgers. My Easter gift to him was coming to see him this weekend instead of him having to drive home. Give him a break from driving for once.
Our Easter gift to Julie and Dave was a little tidying up their house before they got home from family festivities--there is nothing better than coming home a to a clean and tidy house. Plus since Dave's has back surgery, the vacuuming chore has been overlooked (his chore) and the dust bunnies on their hardwood floors were about to fight with the easter bunny so we took care of them :) Let me just tell you how cute Steve was using Julie's PINK Dyson :) I also went out and got an Easter Lily for Steve, David and Julie to wish them a Happy Easter and thank them for letting me stay with them for the weekend :)
On our Way back to GR Sunday night, we ran into some pretty nasty traffic, probably due to holiday travel. It was stop and go all the way from 23 by Ann Arbor all the way to Lansing. It set us back about an hour...But Baylie and I made it home safe! Here is the sweetest picture of Baylie all tuckered out in her car seat from such an exciting time. Now we just can't wait till next weekend!







No comments:
Post a Comment