Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My "diet" and Baylie's gonna help!


This year on June 20th, my very good friend Abby is getting married and I am honored to be a bridesmaid. These are the dresses she chose--which are awesomely adorable :) One problem, I was a bit smaller in January when I was sized. About 12 pounds to be exact. Every year at this time I gain weight. Due to a combination of stress, long work hours/lack of time, extra drinking, and it's just too darn cold to walk outside. So, starting today (firmly) I will be cutting sweets, candy and refined carbs (all that white crap) until further notice. I will also be cutting back if not eliminating all drinking alcohol unless it's a work function/promo. Also, I'm going to be very public about my weight and weight loss. I have nothing to hide. Currently I weigh 148 pounds (which i know is not fat and is a very healthy BMI (Body Mass Index) for someone my age and height) but, I weighed in at a healthy 136 last summer and that is my goal. That is when I felt the best I have felt since college. I lost 25 pounds last year just due to eating healthy and walking Baylie EVERY day. Not just chinsy walks, we went on good 2/3 mile walks a night (weather permitting.) So I have just over 2 full months to lose 12 pounds because I can't buy a new dress. It's that simple. So, my plan is eating healthy and not restricting things. I've learned that if i want that tortilla chip, I'm gonna eat that chip, just not 10 :) I will remember to be more aware of what I'm putting in my mouth and be aware of when i start to feel full (it takes your stomach a full 20 minutes to register and tell your brain you are full.) I will also be walking Baylie outside again on longer walks after work at night because it's good for both of us. Also, I got a new (Budweiser--oh yeah) Trek bike last fall and I plan on putting it to good use. Steve is on board because I know he really wants to be healthier as well. Baylie is also going to learn how to rollerblade with us--she just doesn't know it yet :) So wish us all luck!

1 comment:

  1. UPDATE: July 16th I weighed in at 143 this morning. The dress did fit for the wedding and I'm back into my size 6 pants.

    Pounds to go = 6 to make those 6's fit me a little looser!!

    ReplyDelete